The first GoFundMe integration for seamless in-event donations and social impact is now live on Hopin. Get started here.
Social responsibility is an increasingly important part of brands’ commitment to their customers and communities.
Today, Hopin is making it easier for organizations to translate awareness into real-time action during events, as a way to effect real, positive change.
We are proud to announce a partnership with GoFundMe, the world’s leading fundraising platform, to bring donations and social impact to events hosted on Hopin.
At Hopin, our belief is that everyone should have access to the experiences and communities they care most about, no matter where they are. Central to that vision is the idea that participation involves more than spectatorship; it requires action.
But, until now, organizers often had to use off-platform tools to manage donations and measure the financial impact of their events.
Through our new partnership with GoFundMe—the first such integration for the fundraising platform—all Hopin event organizers will be able to select a GoFundMe fundraiser, charity, or GoFundMe Cause to add to their event.
With the Hopin-GoFundMe integration, the fundraiser will appear in the activity panel of the event—where attendees can learn about the initiative, make a donation, and monitor the live fundraising totals.
While we expect this partnership to have an immediate impact for all our nonprofit and charity organizers, our goal is to empower all organizers, large or small, to incorporate a social impact element into their event.
Events and gatherings have always provided a powerful way to channel collective awareness into meaningful action. With this integration, organizers of virtual and hybrid events will now be able to empower remote attendees to make contributions.
While organizers can choose to raise money for any GoFundMe fundraiser or start their own fundraiser specific to their event, we know that it can feel daunting to pick just one when there are so many initiatives worth supporting.
That’s why we are excited to share that through this partnership with GoFundMe, organizers can now choose to raise money for a GoFundMe Cause during their events.
GoFundMe Causes bring individuals and companies together to support a common interest and ongoing need.
GoFundMe works with its charitable arm, GoFundMe.org, an independent 501(c)(3), to create a general fund for each Cause to collect and distribute tax-deductible donations to verified charities and individuals on GoFundMe.
Fundraising for a GoFundMe Cause during your event is an easy way to make a big impact. A single donation can support both individuals with immediate needs as well as charities working to provide long-term relief.
Here are GoFundMe Causes that you can include in your next Hopin event:
- Learning & Education: According to the National Center for Education Statistics, more than nine million students lack internet access. As schools have shifted to distance learning during the pandemic, these students have faced major obstacles. This Cause supports efforts to equip all students with the essential tools they need to learn remotely.
- Pride: With the Pride Cause, organizers can celebrate diversity and equality beyond a single month and give the LGBTQ community critical support throughout the entire year. The Cause connects the LGBTQ community with physical and mental health resources, creating safe spaces, funding Pride events, and more.
- Justice & Equality: The Justice & Equality Cause supports people and organizations focused on systemic reform and racial justice.
- Basic Necessities: The Basic Necessities Cause helps the most vulnerable populations secure basic needs, such as food, shelter, and clothing.
- Animal Rescue: The Animal Rescue Cause helps to fund animal rescue organizations, provide affordable equipment for wildlife search and rescue, and support adoptable cats, dogs, and other pets.
- Mental Health: The Mental Health Cause helps address unmet mental health care needs by supporting people and organizations focused on building awareness, creating community programs, and providing care to those who need it. By contributing to this fund, donors can help end the stigma associated with mental health, advance mental health research, and expand access to mental health care.
Drive social impact with the Hopin-GoFundMe integration
The GoFundMe Causes above are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition, you can browse the individual fundraisers and charities already using the GoFundMe platform to identify the right fund for your event.
To take it a step further, you can also start your own fundraiser on GoFundMe, which you can then include in your Hopin event. (Keep in mind that all fundraisers must follow GoFundMe guidelines.)
Once you select a fundraiser, charity, or GoFundMe Cause, visit our integrations page for more information and step-by-step instructions on how to set up the GoFundMe integration for your Hopin event.
We look forward to seeing how organizers use this integration to drive social impact in the world.
Don’t see the Hopin product integration you’re looking for? Request an integration here.
Interested in partnering with Hopin? Submit your product here.